Pre-Employment Medicals. Matching the Right Candidate to The Right Job.
A pre-employment medical is conducted to determine the suitability of the prospective employee for the proposed position. Employers who value the safety, health and wellness of their employees are already doing pre-employment medicals.
They are NOT designed to preclude people from the workforce, but far more importantly their purpose is to place a candidate into a role in which they are both safe and productive.
Occupational Health Mackay conducts pre-employment medicals that are tailored to the specific needs of the business and of the position.
The medical will :
- Include comprehensive physical examination,
- Identify specific needs testing (hearing, lung etc)
- Identify past injuries that risk further aggravation
- Identify medical conditions that may lead to absence
- Enable you to make an informed decision
The employer is entitled to the complete assessment, which is provided in a format and language that can be quickly understood by non-medical personnel.
The benefits of conducting pre-employment medicals include :
- A safer working environment,
- Reduction in workplace injuries,
- Minimised downtime,
- Reduction in Work Cover claims and insurance costs,
- Matching the capacity of the employee with the role
- Overall recruitment cost and risk reduction
For more information, please download :
Occupational Health Mackay can customise a Pre-employment medical to suit your company's needs.See all services